Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
As an I/S Refining Technology 2, you will provide support for enterprise information system infrastructure technology solutions by installing and troubleshooting desktop hardware and software, telephone equipment, network equipment and cabling, managing spare equipment inventory, and providing direct phone support of internal customers via Valero’s Virtual Helpdesk line.
- Perform research and repair activity, including vendor coordination to ensure computer services for supported locations.
- Test applications and equipment with minimal supervision.
- Project as an individual contributor.
- Provide on-site support of computing equipment and software, including complex needs and analysis, configuration, and installation.
- Participate in information system infrastructure design and implementation.
- Ability to successfully complete the TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card) process required
- 2+ years of experience in the following area(s): Microsoft products, to include Windows OS and Office suites, desktop hardware, and customer service required.
- 2+ years of experience TCP/IP networking (DHCP, Gateway, Firewall, and IP tools such as ipconfig, tracert, and ping) required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A