The Rural City of Wangaratta prides itself on being a community that is connected, sustainable and contemporary. We provide our community with diverse opportunities to participate in the arts, sport and recreation, and in cultural events and programs to bring them together to connect and celebrate the great place in which we live. In this context we have a vision to build the best sports, aquatics and events precinct in regional Victoria – bringing significant social, recreational, health and economic benefits to our community.
- Supervise, control, and conduct the set up and preparation and operation of the facility and necessary equipment for all events occurring within the centre and its associated venues.
- Ensure that all technical facilities, resources and requirements within WPACC meet both client and Council expectations while adhering to all relevant standards, codes, legislation and policies and procedures, with particular emphasis on OH&S
- Liaise with users technical & production personnel to coordinate all technical requirements of their booking & assist in bump-in set up, performance & bump-out ensuring that the most effective use of the Centre’s human & material resources is
- Implement and enforce safe working procedures for all venue users and oversee compliance with Worksafe, OHS and industry safety standards for all users and staff under supervision.
- Capacity to drive a motor vehicle.
- Capacity to undertake office-based activities including sitting at a desk and using a computer for extended periods.
- Ability to undertake a physically demanding and busy role including working in the dark, working at heights and working with loud noise.
- Capacity to be able to move heavy items around such as removable auditorium seating, tables and chairs, lighting and audio equipment.
- Ability to assist with the loading and unloading of sets and equipment required for performances and maintenance.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A