Website Whole Foods Market
Performs receiving, accounting, and distribution operations associated with incoming product deliveries for all store Teams. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Maintains baler, compactor, and all environmental areas in proper working order; ties bales, calls for can pick up, and directs service team to areas requiring attention.
- Verifying actual product against packing slips,
- Follows up with vendors regarding accounts payable.
- Confirming product integrity,
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory rules and regulations, Weights and Measures, health and sanitation and adheres to safe work practices.
- Maintains store accrual logs.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for receiving all product entering the location, including:
- Maintains or ensures maintenance of accurate department signage and pricing.
- Codes and processes all store expense invoices.
- Ensures accuracy of store expense information in PeopleSoft.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Supports product Teams with accounting processes during inventory and financial period close.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques.
- Maintains Service Vendor Tracking System and obtains work orders from visiting contractors.
- Checking product temperatures as needed.
- Maintains or ensures maintenance of a safe, clean, and well-organized working and shopping environment.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations; communicates operational concerns.
- Distributes copies of processed paperwork to Team mailboxes and regional office.
- Stamps, initials, and codes invoices; logs invoices in receiving journal; distributes to appropriate teams.
- Closes purchase orders in the proprietary store purchasing application.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, knives, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, hand trucks, six-wheel carts, balers, and other heavy machinery.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling. Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- 12+ months retail experience.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A