Website Whole Foods Market
Performs all functions related to proper food preparation and maintenance of the cold case, fresh pack, salad, and hot bars. Ensures food quality and presentation and performs duties related to stocking and sanitation. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Prepares food items according to recipe to ensure quality and consistency.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Monitors food levels and replenishes in a timely manner.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Ensures that all prepared items are labeled, dated, covered, monitored for quality and freshness, and rotated.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards; ensures walk-ins and freezers are clean and organized.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Prepares food items for the cold case, fresh pack, salad, and hot bars according to production sheets.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- 6-12 months retail experience.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Thorough product knowledge.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Good basic math skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Ability to follow a recipe.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Good understanding of food production and fundamental cooking techniques.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A