Website Whole Foods Market
Orders, replenishes, and merchandises Specialty products and participates in regional programs for purchasing and promotions. Performs all functions related to breaking down deliveries and merchandising new products and stocking shelves. Assists Team Leader in organizing and developing promotional displays and maintaining OTS standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Analyzes and controls product waste and spoilage.
- Understands why WFM products are different from conventional stores and explains differences to customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership. Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Creates effective merchandising displays.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Oversees customer special order procedure.
- Requests and ensures proper signage and pricing.
- Achieves and exceeds assigned / established margin and sales targets.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Maintains organized and safe back stock area.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Ensures orders are timely and accurate to monitor inventory turns.
- Participates in national, regional and store promotional programs.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Processes invoices and returns.
- Purchases and replenishes Specialty items through proper buying procedures.
- Samples department products to customers.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Where applicable, TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures by Servers of Alcohol) course completion required and must be age 18 years of age or older to serve alcohol.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- 12+ months retail experience
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A