Website Whole Foods Market
Provides overall leadership to the Prepared Foods team. Responsible for all aspects of daily operations including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance and special projects as assigned. Accountable for Team Member hiring, development, corrective actions and separations.
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance evaluations.
- Holds ATLs, supervisors and Team Members accountable for delivering outstanding customer service.
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge / awareness of relevant competitors and industry trends.
- Accountable for monitoring and achieving sales, purchasing, and labor targets.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail execution.
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains proper product assortment, merchandising, and inventory control.
- Makes hiring and separation decisions.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative and productive working relationships with department leaders and with vendors.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers; responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Builds a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect and exceptional morale.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- May require use of ladders.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- 24+ months retail experience including 12+ months of team leadership experience.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A