Website Whole Foods Market
Provides support as a member of the Front-End team to include assisting customers during the check-out process, performing all cash register functions, bagging groceries, and working at the customer service desk. Works to maintain attractive customer service displays and support the regional Customer Service vision.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Proactively participates in Regional Front End programs as directed by leadership.
- Checks out customer groceries efficiently and accurately.
- Upholds government regulations concerning sale of alcoholic beverages and taxation.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Follows proper check, ATM, and credit procedures.
- May assist with training of new Cashier and Courtesy Team Members.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Assists supervisor in controlling customer flow and backed up lines – helping reduce customer waiting time.
- Follows all cash handling procedures – meeting and exceeding regional cashier variance policy.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Uses proper tares procedures when ringing up scalable items.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Cleans and stocks Front End areas, including own register – changing tapes and ribbon as necessary.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Maintains proficiency with the Front-End Code Book and PLUs:
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Strong basic math skills
- Demonstrates patience in dealing with customers and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Akron, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A