Website Whole Foods Market
Provides support as a member of the Grocery team to include receiving and preparing product, maintaining the grocery floor and displays, and selling product in support of WFM standards. Performs all functions related to breaking down deliveries and stocking shelves.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Stocks and cleans grocery shelves, bulk bins, frozen and dairy case.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Monitors and prevents spoilage and communicates waste to buyers, Team Leaders, and shift supervisor.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maintains back stock in good order.
- Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean and appealing.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating and removing out-of-date products.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Proactively reads labels and familiarizes oneself on various products.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to perform simple math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Ability to sell proactively.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A