Website Whole Foods Market
Assists the Team Leader in all aspects of daily operations including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance and special projects as assigned. Leads and develops Team Members.
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Functions as point person and departmental person in charge in absence of Team Leader
- Works with Team Leader to achieve sales, purchasing, and labor targets.
- Maintains good vendor relationships, develops new vendor relations, and ensures all paperwork is properly submitted for vendor processing.
- Develops and maintains creative store layout and product merchandising.
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance evaluations.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers; responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Works with Team Leader to resolve team concerns or issues.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail execution.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
- Demonstrates advanced product knowledge and develops / maintains awareness of new products.
- Assists Team Leader in analysis of sales, reports and labor.
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy.
- Desire to coach and mentor others for growth
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive manner.
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Growth mindset towards greater responsibility and ownership.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and procedures.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and operations-related applications.
- Product knowledge.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and ability to prioritize and delegate.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A