Assist customers in the seafood department by providing over-the-counter service and assisting customers with questions and orders. Operates and maintains the seafood area, prepares the area for seafood sales. Receives inventory, verifies receipt of ordered product and stocks in designated areas. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
- Assist in the Deli Department when required and after all primary duties have been completed, including covering breaks and lunches in the Deli Department when needed.
- Stocks and rotates merchandise in any area of the store as needed.
- Displays frozen items by bringing out case goods from the freezer, repacking & over wrapping, weighing and pricing product out, and placing in the desired location. Ices fresh freight by putting it in luggers, unpacking, etc.
- Prepares case by pulling product out of the case, re-icing the case, putting the product in fresh pans, rotating product, putting product back, filling, etc.
- Follows strict sanitary guidelines and completes associated records.
- Cleans and maintains department equipment by breaking down and reassembling equipment, operating dish washer and hand washing dishes, cleaning all appropriate parts with sanitizing solution.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Places proper signage on all products which includes pricing, description, code dating, and COOL information on all required products.
- Maintains clean and sanitary department by washing parts, tables and wrapping stations; taking trash and paper to the appropriate balers; sweeping and mopping floors and coolers; cleaning and maintaining glass display counters on the inside and out; etc.
- Inspects all seafood product for quality and freshness, rotates and transfers back stock to clean iced luggers. Follows all Food Safety Handling rules as applied to proper receiving and rotating of raw and cooked seafood.
- Re-packs freight by bringing luggers out, draining water and putting in new ice.
- Merchandises the frozen seafood and refrigerated self-serve seafood areas while insuring proper rotation and code dates.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately..
- Wear hat, hair net and other protective clothing.
- Understand state & federal regulations if certification is needed.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Yakima, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A