Do you have high expectations of yourself when it comes to the little details? Do you truly appreciate what it takes to make a great shirt or pair of shorts that fit like a glove? Do you love surrounding yourself with awesome fun people, and maybe a dog or two, every day? If yes, then we need you!
Zumiez is seeking a full time Associate Technical Designer to join us in making crazy amazing knit and woven product for our private label brands. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with an exceptional level of attention to detail, organization, a passion for patternmaking& a love affair with making fit dreams come true.
Zumiez is a fast-growing awesome company, with awesome people. If you are subject expert who wants to make your mark in this industry, this is your chance to shine!
- Manage product development through each aspect of fit & development
- Create & update tech packs and BOM’s
- Measure samples and document all measurements and styling / construction differences based off of tech pack.
- Run a fit session with multiple designers or attendees
- Identify, improve, correct and relay fit issues through written comments and illustrations to overseas factories where English is a second language.
- Manage incoming packages for the department, log and distribute accordingly.
- Prepare TOP samples to our Internet division for e-shop photo-shoots.
- Track and maintain all fit samples.
- Create final graded specs based off each individual style’s properties
- Review patterns and comment as needed.
- Understanding of basic fabric characteristics, and ability to distinguish between knit structures and weave types.
- Insane ability to re-prioritize without stressing out at a moment’s notice to accommodate multiple T&A Calendars & schedules.
- 2+ years of experience in Technical Design focusing on both knit and woven product
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook & Excel for Mac
- Proficiency using Adobe Illustrator CS6
- A love affair with Excel and Illustrator.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop
- Solid understanding of specs, point of measurements, basic patternmaking skills and garment construction.
- Understanding of dye & finishing processes and how they affect fit, drape and spec.
- College degree or equivalent with course work in textiles, pattern making, apparel manufacturing or related experience
- Experience working/communicating with overseas factories or agents
- Exceptional written/oral communication
- Ability to take initiative and identify priorities
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A