Website Hampshire Police
We are recruiting transferring Police Sergeants to Hampshire Constabulary. We are a large force which has maintained a police family culture. We really value our staff and their professional development. We regularly have promotion opportunities for those wanting to be the leaders of the future. Hampshire and the Isle of Wight are excellent places to live and work. There is good access to London, the South Coast and the New Forest. As well as being one of the largest forces in the country, we have more police officers in front-line roles than average. We’re also a force with a strong neighbourhood policing approach.
- Plan, manage and monitor complex front line and/or specialist operational policing activity managing competing demands and priorities to make informed deployment Supervise a team, managing their wellbeing and welfare, development and ensuring high levels of motivation to enable an effective front line policing service.
- Support the implementation of problem solving and evidence based policing initiatives by championing and applying relevant methodologies and approaches to area of work.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to team members to ensure that responses are delivered within appropriate policies and legislation and achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Supervise and monitor the handling of information, intelligence and evidence and record keeping ensuring alignment with legislation, policies and guidance which enables effective law enforcement and the initiation of criminal justice proceedings.
- Support the review and reporting on team expenditure to ensure the efficient use of available budgets and maximise value for money.
- Identify opportunities for and co-ordinate the exploration of new ways of working and innovation in policing, applying critical thinking to identify solutions to problems in line with evidence based practice within own area of responsibility.
- Co-ordinate and control appropriate front line responses and investigations, allocating resources, directing activities, managing risks and reviewing progress to deliver an effective response which supports law enforcement and enables public safety.
- Support the assessment of individuals, assessing capabilities and development needs and devising appropriate development plans to enable high performance and potential progression.
- Contribute to the identification of appropriate internal and external local partners in line with the Force’s planned approach, co-ordinating and monitoring the establishment of effective partnerships to enable progress against community policing objectives.
- Monitor and manage the performance of the team, devising and implementing effective strategies to identify issues and improve team/individual performance to ensure adherence to professional standards and contribute to the achievement of unit/Force objectives
- Competent Sergeant
- You must be a serving police officer from either a Home Office Force, British Transport Police or Ministry of Defence Police.
Company: Hampshire Police
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hampshire, GB
Application Deadline: N/A