As the IMO Senior Analyst, you’ll be working alongside a team of statistical programmers / analysts and be responsible for carrying out independent oversight across all Bank and AFS models. You’ll be working across Risk, Data Science, Finance and Customer, and supporting the business in the identification, assessment, management and control of Model Risk.
- Provide Model Risk reporting to the Model Risk Committee.
- Oversee model development, use and implementation across the business, by providing independent model validations and effective challenge via review and approval of new models and ongoing monitoring of existing models.
- Develop and maintain the model inventory. Work to the independent validation schedule to evaluate if models are working as intended, assumptions continue to be reasonable and existing validation activities are sufficient.
- Keep abreast of industry best practice to provide advice and guidance to stakeholders and third party suppliers on modelling and regulatory requirements, supporting the embedding of the Bank’s Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework.
- Where model performance is unsatisfactory, ensure appropriate action is taken by the model owner to improve model performance, or revoke model approval; in addition, report model use breaches, recommending compensating controls.
- Statistical model building background.
- Experience in the development of statistical modelling solutions within Financial Services.
- Enjoys problems solving, naturally curious, challenges the status-quo.
- Highly numerate with a degree in a mathematical/statistical/engineering discipline.
- Proven data presentation and report writing skills.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate successfully with colleagues at all levels up to and including Executive level and build effective working relationships across the business (internal and external).
- Knowledge of modern risk management techniques, scoring systems and their use within the credit industry.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A